From: Niall Pemberton [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Thursday, December 21, 2006 9:16 AM
To: Struts Users Mailing List
Subject: Re: Validator Framework 1.29

On 12/20/06, Jim Reynolds <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I am having some issues with getting the messages from the validator
> framework from showing. Actually, I have some old code like this:
>           <logic:messagesPresent>
>           </logic:messagesPresent>
> that used to work, before upgrading to 1.29. I am getting this error:
> "ccording to TLD or attribute directive in tag file, attribute value
> does not accept any expressions" (I posted this earlier with no
> response).

So its objecting to a run time expression in your <c:out> tag - thats JSTL
not Struts or validator - but I don't think you need it anyway, can't you
just use
    <c:out value="error"/>
or
    <bean:write name="errror"/>

> Then I am reading through Struts in Action book and they show this
> type of error handling in the jsp page.
>
>           <logic:messagesPresent>
>              <logic:messages id="error" bean:write name="error" />
>              </validator:messages>
>          </validator:messagesPresent>
> with a import of this tld.
> uri="/tags/struts-validator" prefix="validator" %>
>
> Anyway, now I am confused and not sure which is the best approach to
> follow. Also, I cannot find the tld for struts-validator? I checked
> the struts jar for a tld, but did not find one, and I checked the
> commons-validator.jar and did not find it there. I don't mind using
> second one from book, but where is tld?

There are no "validator" jsp tags in Struts or Commons Validator - so no TLD
to go with it.

Niall