I've been playing with S2, Spring and JPA (using Hibernate) on eclipse, I thought of writing a quickstart tutorial and post it on the wiki.

musachy

Rick Schumeyer wrote:
I may regret this, but I think I'm reaching the point with S1 where I'm really tempted to give S2 a serious try. My biggest concern is the current state of documentation. There are, as far as I know, no S2 books yet. I am aware of the webworks book but earlier comments make me think that book is somewhat out of date. I have taken a look at the S2 mailreader and a couple of tutorials, and some of the docs. I'm not convinced I could build a real application without having to ask a lot of questions here.

One thing that would really help is a more detailed example. In my case, I would want to use S2 with tiles and hibernate. I have not yet seen a complete, working S2 app that implements these things. I was able to get hibernate working with S1, but the solution was not obvious. And it required me finding the correct recipe either in a book or with the right google search. Does anyone think that a beefier example application would be useful? I would be willing to develop one if someone wanted to help me with things like getting tiles and hibernate to work.