Hi Peder,

I have used spring2 with struts2 for a small example app.., it worked for me, i will list you what i have done.

1. I have spring 2.0 jars and struts struts 2.0 jar
2. got hold of the applicationContext.xml for spring 2.0 , which has the DTD
<!DOCTYPE beans PUBLIC "-//SPRING//DTD BEAN 2.0//EN" "http://www.springframework.org/dtd/spring-beans-2.0.dtd";>

3. change the web.xml to use the the new listener that enables the scope variable in spring 2.0
       <listener>

<listener-class>org.springframework.web.context.request.RequestContextListener</listener-class>
       </listener>
4. coded my struts action they way it is mentioned in this post
      http://jroller.com/page/TedHusted?entry=struts_2_spring_love_fest

5. add the lines to the applictionContext.xml which i want to inject to my action, with socpe attribute speficed.

<beans default-autowire="autodetect">
   <!-- add your spring beans here -->
   <bean id="numGen" class="com.pine.beans.NumberGen" scope="request"/>
</beans>

6. in my action class i have the setter and getter method and the framework will do the necessary things as i have enabled autodetect

   private NumberGen numGen;

   public NumberGen getNumGen() {
       return numGen;
   }

   public void setNumGen(NumberGen numGen) {
       this.numGen = numGen;
   }

This is basically what i have done and its working fine for me.

Thanks,

Nuwan

----- Original Message ----- From: "Peder Larsen" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>