On 12/28/06, Andy Foster <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

This should solve my problem as each submitaction that requires validation
validates the same set of data.

However this will not work if there are three methods create and update both
need to validate but each validate against a different set of parameters and
the third submitaction does not validate.

To validate against a different set of parameters for each dispatched
method, consider how ValidatorForm and ValidatorActionForm work.
ValidatorForm keys off of the form name, while ValidatorActionForm
keys off the path.

You appear to already be using ValidatorActionForm, because you have
  <form name="/process_object">
instead of
  <form name="formBeanName">

If you want to invent a new way to map requests to validation rule
sets, I think all you need to do is subclass ValidatorForm and
override getValidationKey().  Try having it return the value of the
parameter you're using for method dispatching, then use that for the
<form name="..."> in validation.xml.

Seems reasonable anyway... I haven't played with this in a while.

--
Wendy