Just to clarify things, do you mean another user sending your
sessionId stored in your cookie to the shop?

leon

Hi,

The question I have is not purely specific to Struts, but I expect that it's a
common problem for Struts users. Suppose you have a web application which is a
shop. You have several users, each of which can have orders, accounting
details, etc. Now a user logs in and you store the the user object in the
session. Further, you put a list of orders into a request and forward to a JSP
that enables to select an order. When the user selects an order, the id is
submitted to the action, the corresponding order is put into the request and
you forward to the OrderDetails page.
Up to now, everything is pretty standard. However, what happens if a user logs
in, but then submits an arbitrary id - this would enable him to see orders from
other users! How can such security lacks be avoided best?

Cheers,

Thorsten