>From: manunixx <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
>

> Joe Germuska wrote:
> >

> > Please note that I don't think a whole lot of people have been using this
> > feature, so you may well find bugs or even simply find that it could use
> > some refinements. But this is the basic overview of how it's supposed to
> > work.
> >
> > I hope this helps.
> >
> > Joe
> >
> this helps!..
>
> i find this pattern very useful for dividing problems in little pieces to be
> combined.
> I'm quite surprise that no many people release on that.
>
> what do you think about it?!

I'm a big fan of the commons chains for the same reason you have stated.  The
commands are not coupled to each other but only the context so they can be
rearranged and reused within various chains.

I still have the fortune of writing *new* web applications in Struts 1.1 :-)
But, the nice thing about chains is that it is a utility library and pattern
that can be used in any tier.  For example, Shale Clay uses commons chain to
build a JSF component tree that renders mark-up.

> Emanuele.

Gary