Perhaps this will help:
http://struts.apache.org/2.x/docs/exception-configuration.html

But for general 500 errors, normal servlet methods should work...

Don

On 1/26/07, Dariusz Wojtas <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Hi,

What is the suggested way of exception handling in Struts2?
I am talking about cases when there is a
  * JSP page compilation error
  * exception inside an action is
  * someone types url   /i.action instead of /index.action

I tried to turn 'struts.devMode' to true and false.
I tried to declare error page in web.xml
but I still see error 500 mesage in tomcat (5.5.x) result.

Can I declare some global error page in Struts2?
Or do I have to use some interceptor?
Or what?

If this matters I am using sitemesh with it.
I am using one of S 2.0.4 snapshots.

Regards
Dariusz Wojtas