From: Ian Roughley [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] Sent: Friday, February 02, 2007 3:07 PM
Subject: Re: [S2] <s:text> issue

I think you may be confused, you say

The value of myKey is "some.resource.key", and in the
property file I have:

    some.resource.key = Some text

In fact, "some.resource.key" is the key and "some text" is the value.

Try -

<s:text name="some.resource.key" />

/Ian

--
From Down & Around, Inc.
Innovative IT Solutions

Djordje Trifunovic wrote:
Hi,

Using Struts2 (2.0.5 snapshot) in a project, I hit the
following problem: I
have a resource bundle key that I need to use with <s:text>
tag to retrieve
a text from my resource bundle. The name of the key is in a
property myKey
in the value stack. The value of myKey is
"some.resource.key", and in the
property file I have:

    some.resource.key = Some text

I tried:

    <s:text name="#myKey" />

but that doesn't work as I expected. Instead of getting
"Some text" on my
page, or at least "some.resource.key", I get "#myKey"
instead. Just to be
sure everything is ok in the value stack, I tried:

    <s:property value="#myKey" />

And that returns "some.resource.key", as expected. Am I
missing something
here?

Thanks,

Djordje Trifunovic

PS. I am sorry if the issue was already discussed. I didn't
find it quickly
searching through archive.