TILES-28 should be resolved in the SNAPSHOT version you indicate, while the
subsequent change (to the Taglib URI) hadn't been changed.  I just deployed
a 2.0-SNAPSHOT rather than let it hang on as something less clear going
forward.

But back to your issue: it might seem that you've found a variation of the
problem that was fixed in TILES-28  Make absolutely sure you don't have more
than one version of the tiles-core JAR in your app, but assuming that you
don't, we'll have to sniff around some more and figure out what might be
different.  You're doing the right kind of monitoring already -- what does
Fiddler say if you get a conventional Struts result
(ServletDispatcherResult) from your app?  What about if you get a JSP
directly from the app without going through Struts?

Joe