I can confirm these results based on my own webwork profiling experience. I wouldn't worry too much about interceptors that you don't use--the penalty is very minimal.

David H. DeWolf wrote:

mraible wrote:

Also, are there any performance reasons to have separate stacks for display
only (list) screens vs. forms (crud)?

I recently went through a series of performance monitoring and tuning
and found that standard interceptors that are NOT executed are logged as
taking 0ms.  So, whatever the cost, it's fairly small.

Have you tried turning on the -Dxwork.profile.activate=true switch to
find the metrics. See:
http://struts.apache.org/2.x/struts2-core/apidocs/com/opensymphony/xwork2/util/profiling/UtilTimerStack.html

David

Thanks,