If I am reading you correctly, you are saying to use that for one
field. Which is actually what I just did.
EG:
<global>
   <constant>
     <constant-name>phone</constant-name>
     <constant-value>^\(?(\d{3})\)?[-| ]?(\d{3})[-| ]?(\d{4})$</constant-value>
   </constant>

but the client wants to see 3 textfield boxes separated with hyphens,
etc. So that is where I ran into issues. I was trying to ensure that
textfield1 had 3 digits, then textfield2 had 3 digits and then
textfield3 had 4 digits.

something the client wants. I did fall back to one textfield curently
to move forward. I guess I could write my own validator and be done.

Thanks,

On 2/21/07, Dave Newton <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Regexp ("mask") validator?

http://struts.apache.org/1.2.9/userGuide/dev_validator.html