> I think I have a problem with my library versions, but I cannot pinpoint the
> problem.  Here's the exception when I deploy on Tomcat 6.0.2:
>
> org.apache.jasper.JasperException: /index.jsp(1,1) Unable to read TLD
> "META-INF/tld/struts-bean.tld" from JAR file
> "file:/C:/applications/Tomcat%206.0/webapps/my_app/WEB-INF/lib/struts-
> taglib-1.3.5.jar"

Check the uri attribute of taglib directive in index.jsp is same as
content of <uri> tag in struts-bean.tld.

It is the same

The %20 in the path looks suspicious, (as does the fact that it's
file:/ and not file://).

I would try installing Tomcat in a path without spaces, such as
c:/applications/apache-tomcat-6.0.2 .

I normally always get rid of spaces in filenames;  I don't now why I
hadn't in this case.  Anyway, I did a re-installation (version 6.0.9,
this time), and I get a similar message.

I agree with you that the single slash is a little worrying...

I may have to resort to adding back the <taglib> statements in web.xml...
Other suggestions before I resort to such desperate measures?  ;)