Yeah, looks like it is the wrong action I am calling, or better I need more actions to process a single user input. I still do not feel very comfortable with writing that many actions around 'CRUDing' an object.
Thanks a lot anyway!
Tom

Dave Newton wrote:
--- Tom Bednarz <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Any idea what I am doing wrong here???

Not "wrong", really, but probably you're using an
action-mapping with validate='true' to do the initial
form display. With no defaults it will validate with
an error.

Two ways to get around this are:

1) Use a preliminary action to show the page with no
auto-validation and submit to the action with the
validation turned on.

2) Submit w/ a POST and inside the action check for
GET vs POST and call validate manually (this is what I
did and had base classes to encapsulate that
functionality).

There are probably several more good (or better!)
solutions.

d.