The difference between using AJAX and just refreshing a page is a well designed AJAX application sends over just the information that is needed. For a JSP/HTML page refresh you're sending more data over the line. The key here is a well designed AJAX application.

Maya menon wrote:
Thank you both for your responses.
So AJAX is the technique I should refer. Anyone know of any examples / somethings. Also, my colleague asked me this question when I talked to him about a "timed AJAX event". Why cant we simply refresh the jsp page ? Why should we use AJAX ? so, whats the real advantage of using an AJAX timed event to a normal JSP/HTML refresh ? Maya

Musachy Barroso <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
  The div tag when used on the ajax theme, has a timer that will make it
refresh its content from the url specified in the "href" attribute, examples
available in showcase and here:

http://struts.apache.org/2.x/docs/ajax-tags.html

musachy