We are in the process of upgrading to struts 1.3.5, I have followed the upgrade
guide at http://wiki.apache.org/struts/StrutsUpgradeNotes12to13. Most of the
nested tags now seem to be broken.

For example:
<nested:form action="/someAction">
      <nested:iterate property="records" id="record" type="example.com.Record">
            <nested:write property="investor.name" />
      </nested:iterate>
</nested:form>

The following exception is thrown:
javax.servlet.jsp.JspException: No getter method for property: "investor.name"
of bean: "someForm"
    at org.apache.struts.taglib.TagUtils.lookup(TagUtils.java:903)
    at org.apache.struts.taglib.bean.WriteTag.doStartTag(WriteTag.java:230)
    at
org.apache.struts.taglib.nested.bean.NestedWriteTag.doStartTag(NestedWriteTag.java:60)

It seems as if <nested:write /> is going to the <nested:form /> to get
"investor.name" instead of "record" in <nested:iterate /> as I would expect. If
I change my <nested:write /> tags to <nested:writeNesting /> it fixes them. I
have looked at the code and writeNesting uses
NestedPropertyHelper.getAdjustedProperty() whereas write uses
NestedPropertyHelper.setNestedProperties().

<nested:define /> is broken too, looking at the similarities in all of the
nested tags I get the they're all broken in this way.

Cheers,
Lance.