--- Matt Filion <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Though the different situation seems like
"overkill".

I don't make my local vars 'final' either, but I know
enough people that do.

> How about expecting a programmer to look at the code

> becore they modify it? :)

Works great in theory ;)

But seriously, making local vars 'final' is to express
*intent* whether or not the code was looked at--sort
of a "If you *really* want to that, fine, but you must
explicitly remove the protections I have set in
place."

d.