I'm not sure that I follow. This link:

http://struts.apache.org/2.x/docs/ajax-tags.html

has been posted here many times, there is a link to it int the
documentation:

http://struts.apache.org/2.x/docs/guides.html

and the showcase has several examples. Could it be more confusing? oh yeah.
If you have specific objections, I'm willing to try to fix them, or document
them better, and any help on the wiki is welcome.

regards
musachy

Could this be any more confusing?  Unless someone documents all the
idiosyncracies, folks are going to give up on Struts2 and adopt RoR!  I
have
read all the docs/wikis on the S2 site and even poured over the showcase
code.  I worked three evenings this week trying to figure out how to
incorporate an Ajax "feature" that I could have written in a few minutes
using XmlHttpRequest.  Is there a book in the works?  Reading the core
code
is not the most efficient way to learn how to implement a feature!!

Scott