There is nothing in the logs which hints a startup or request error, but as
soon as I click on "HelloWorld" under the "Actions in default" tab in
config-browser I get this stacktrace:

Expression extension is undefined on line 15, column 89 in
config-browser/showConfig.ftl.
The problematic instruction:
----------
==> ${extension} [on line 15, column 87 in config-browser/showConfig.ftl]
----------

Java backtrace for programmers:
----------
freemarker.core.InvalidReferenceException: Expression extension is undefined
on line 15, column 89 in config-browser/showConfig.ftl.

Here's struts.xml:

<struts>
    <package name="/" extends="struts-default">
        <action name="HelloWorld"
class="com.bubbleclip.web.struts.HelloWorld">
            <result>/HelloWorld.jsp</result>
        </action>
        <!-- Add your actions here -->
    </package>
</struts>

I followed the HelloWorld example and have all the libraries present, so I
think it might boil down to my Java environment. I'm running Eclipse WTP
with Tomcat 5.5 as my local server. The odd thing is that I am getting this
error even when I try to click on the config-browser actions.