Guice is used as the internal IOC within struts2 but that is recommended for
use in applications
But there is now a plugin which will use an external version of guice to do
your depency injection

http://docs.google.com/Doc?id=dd2fhx4z_5df5hw8

I just converted a mini app over the weekend from using spring to guice and
first impressions is that it ROCKS!

Using the same set of managers and daos,
- the app now starts up twice as fast
- using mvn jetty:run, recompiling and restarting the app no longer give me
memory problems
- I loose all the application-*.xml files and together with codebehind and
zero conf the number of xml files are drastically reduced

SWEET