On 3/21/07, Dilip Ladhani <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Thanks for the reply.
However, after doing that I get the error
....Unhandled exception thrown during validation: No message resources
found for bundle: messages
java.lang.NullPointerException: No message resources found for bundle: messages

OK after making it the default - did you remove the bundle="messages"
from your validation.xml?

Also take a look at the "bundles" example in the validator part of the
struts-examples webapp shipped with Struts 1.2.9

Niall

Also, on various jsps, I would have to, I would have to remove
bundle="messages", for eg
<bean:message bundle="messages" key="heading.viewHistory" />
This I can do, however, I still get the above error

On 3/21/07, Nuwan Chandrasoma <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> make your message resource as the defautl one, dont put any key just add the
> entry
> <message-resources  parameter="MessageResources" />
>
> in struts-config and see.,
>
> Thanks & Regards,
>
> Nuwan.

org.apache.commons.validator.ValidatorAction.executeValidationMethod(ValidatorAction.java:578)]
> > ....Unhandled exception thrown during validation: No message resources
> > found for bundle: org.apache.struts.action.MESSAGE
> > java.lang.NullPointerException: No message resources found for bundle:
> > org.apache.struts.action.MESSAGE
> > at

org.apache.struts.validator.Resources.getMessageResources(Resources.java:140)
> > at
> > org.apache.struts.validator.Resources.getActionMessage(Resources.java:349)
> > at

org.apache.struts.validator.FieldChecks.validateRequired(FieldChecks.java:94)