Dear All:

My application context is called "Catalog". It uses Struts 1.3.8. There are two modules, "default" and "user". In the default component struts config, I have:

      <!--
      Global forwards (alias for main page, etc.).
      Needs to be placed in every module's Struts
      config unless we use XDoclet to merge
      a global global-forwards.xml file.
     -->
     <global-forwards>

         <!-- Catalog component home page -->
<!-- contextRelative=true doesn't seem to work from a local action. -->
       <forward
       name="catalogHome"
       path="/switchMod.do?prefix=/catalog&amp;page=/home.do"
       redirect="true" />
<!-- User component home page, which is also the application's front page -->
       <forward
       contextRelative="true"
       name="userHome"
       path="/user/home.do"
       redirect="true" />

   </global-forwards>

Both methods work and forward to the correct URLs. However, I have the identical global-forwards in the user module's struts config. Now it forward to the wrong page from an action in the user module.
The same result happened when I localized the forward to the action:

       <action
         path="/logout"
         type="net.ruready.struts.user.action.LogoutAction">
<forward contextRelative="true" name="userHome" path="/user/home.do" redirect="true" />
       </action>

... it tries to forward to '/Catalog/user/user/home.do'. What do I do to get it to work?

Thanks so much,
Oren

Oren Livne, Ph.D.
Research Assistant Professor of Mathematics
RUReady Software Architect

Academic Outreach and Continuing Education
1901 East South Campus Dr., Room 2197-D
University of Utah, Salt Lake City, UT 84112-9399
Tel  : (801) 581-6831     Cell: (801) 631-3885     Fax: (801) 585-5414
Email: [EMAIL PROTECTED]              Web:  http://ruready.net/oren