Is 't possible (easy) to add a master index, so users can search that
page using a key word ?
So if I am looking for theme, I can easily find all the pages that deals
with this term.
I think this can help.

Confluence provides a "label" feature. From "Browse Site", we can
select the label tag, and then view a list of pages by label. Right
now, we're mainly using labels to tag the "experimental" features.

Indexing a site (or a book) is not a trivial task, but it is helpful,
if someone has the time.

having a reliable search service is another option.

"Reliable" is a complex word. The HTML version of the site has a
Google search feature that seems to work well for me. On the
Confluence side, we can narrow the search to the Struts Documentation
space. But, it's still a simple keyword search.

HTH, Ted
<http://www.husted.com/ted/blog/>