I have a simple test case for using the action tag like so:
<s:action name="eventProfile!list" id="eventProfile" executeResult="false"/>
test=<s:property value="%{#eventProfile.test}"/>

the EventProfile.list() instantiates the EventProfile.test property.

Going to this jsp page via the !input method, the result is retrieved and we
get the ouput something like "test=testString", exactly as expected.

But, if i submit a form on the same page, and it's validation fails, the
input result is shown again, except this time I get "test=", as if the
property was null. However, the eventProfile action does show up on the
stack as an accessible parameter.

It seems to be some sort of order problem when validation fails? As if,
because of the validation interceptor, the s:property tag is evaluated
before the s:action tag puts the result on the stack?