I have the following package defined in my struts.xml file:

<package name="jasper" extends="jasperreports-default">
  <action name="getReport" class="com.action.ReportAction"
method="generateReport">
    <result name="success" type="jasper">
      <param name="location">reports/report.jasper</param>
      <param name="dataSource">dataSource</param>
    </result>
  </action>
</package>

the generateReport method is called as expected except despite ReportAction
implementing ServletRequestAware the setServletRequest method is never
called.

How can I get access to the HttpServletRequest object from within the
generateReport method?