If you are really interested in bringing clarity to the discussions, the people who are interested in having separate lists should be prefixing your questions and answers with [s1] or [s2] instead of trying to force people to have to subscribe to separate lists.

If someone posts a new question without a prefix, you can always send a gentle reminder that such prefixes are preferred, but we should never try to enforce it as a rule.

Even if *your* reply uses [s2] and it is the only one in a long thread, at least the entire thread gets labelled (sort of) so that future searches can use "[s2]" as a filter to narrow the results. For example, if you search the googler for "struts action site:nabble.com", you get 9,360 results. However, if you search for "s2 action site:nabble.com", you get 244.

--
James Mitchell