I used the Maven Archetype to create a new web application for Struts 2, as described here: http://struts.apache.org/2.x/docs/ready-set-go.html

I ran:
mvn archetype:create -DgroupId=tutorial \
                       -DartifactId=tutorial \
                       -DarchetypeGroupId=org.apache.struts \
                       -DarchetypeArtifactId=struts2-archetype-starter \
                       -DarchetypeVersion=2.0.5-SNAPSHOT \

-DremoteRepositories=http://people.apache.org/repo/m2-snapshot-repository

When deploying this application using Resin, I get a known bug,
which is described here:
http://opensource.atlassian.com/projects/spring/browse/SPR-2967

I have been able to resolve the problem, by upgrading to spring-framework version 1.2.9. However, I did this by manually compiling and installing the jar files.

How do I change the Maven build scripts (eg. the generated pom.xml), to download and use spring version 1.2.9, instead of the old version which is installed by default using the above mvn archetype?

(This bug is affecting all users who setup Spring 2 using the above mvn archetype, so it would be a good idea if this archetype used the latest version of spring by default).

Thanks in advance.

 - Andreas