OK, we're getting closer and closer to the solution... :)
It seems that only the first options works for me, because the data are held by
two <html:select> controls that are created dynamically and are populated from
the db. So when you click on the first one, the form is submitted by a
Javascript function so that the second one can be populated with db data.

Yes, I have two different .do actions for each submit button.

>> Your add action adds an empty row to your vector then goes back to the page,
>> JSP magically draws the empty record.

OK, now I completely understand the logic, I just don't see how it can be
implemented.
I really need to know where the vector should be stored (form bean?) and how
exactly I can add an element to it (create a method in the form bean class to
add elements?).
You say, that elements should be added in the action class, but how can I
reference a bean method that performs the actual adding? I couldn't figure it
out...
Of course, when you press the submit button (not the add button) all the
previously added elements must be available...

I hope my goal is clear for you,

Thanks a lot,

MB