The "why" is because I just really don't like the Struts-2 tags. I especially don't like the fact that they don't expose a variable on the page - for example the s:iterator tag does not explicitly expose a variable which I can work with, or format using jstl. They "don't play nicely with the other children", as my grade school teacher once reported. Maybe I'm wrong, but that is my experience so far.

- Ray Clough

Dave Newton wrote:
--- Ray Clough <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Is it possible to use JSTL to access the value
stack?
The StrutsRequestWrapper (?) will forward...
"unfulfilled" attribute requests to the OGNL stack. I
wouldn't be sure of the exact syntax; it may depend on
what, exactly, you're trying to access (and why?)

For instance, you can access Action properties via JSP
EL, the scoped attributes (obviously), etc.

If that doesn't work, what is the syntax for accessing it with a scriptlet?

Now you're just scaring me.

d.