Laurie Harper <laurie <at> holoweb.net> writes:

> Rajesh Gupta wrote:
> > Hi All,
> >      I have several common jsp's in a common webapp, which will be shared
> > by all other web applications. I use <c:import> tag to include jsp's from
> > this common webapp. I can include jsp's , if they do not contain any struts
> > specific things. But when i try to include a jsp with struts action (ex:
> > include a jsp with a struts action in it from another web application. Any
> > ideas, suggestions please?.
> > I am using struts 1.2.4 & tomcat 5.0.
>
> There's no provision in the JSP or Servlet spec for using resources in
> one web app from a different web app, so what does or doesn't work in
> this scenario is going to be a question of experimentation...
>
> How exactly is it failing? What is the error you're getting? Does the
> page you're trying to include work if you call it directly (i.e. load it
> in your browser)?
>
> Since what you are trying to do is non-standard, you'll need to be as
> detailed as you can about any problems you're facing.
>
> L.

Hi,
    Thanks for the replay. Include work if i call it directly. Included jsp
works successfully, if no struts actions in it. This is the exception i am
getting when include jsp with struts action in it.(ex: <html:form
action="search" method="get">)

exception:

javax.servlet.ServletException: javax.servlet.jsp.JspException: null
org.apache.jasper.runtime.PageContextImpl.
doHandlePageException(PageContextImpl.java:821)
org.apache.jasper.runtime.PageContextImpl.
handlePageException(PageContextImpl.java:758)
        org.apache.jsp.jsp.common.layout_jspx._jspService(layout_jspx.java:81)
        org.apache.jasper.runtime.HttpJspBase.service(HttpJspBase.java:94)
org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServletWrapper.service(JspServletWrapper.java:324)
        org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServlet.serviceJspFile(JspServlet.java:292)
        org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServlet.service(JspServlet.java:236)

root cause:
java.lang.ClassCastException
        org.apache.struts.util.ModuleUtils.getModuleConfig(ModuleUtils.java:78)
        org.apache.struts.util.ModuleUtils.getModuleConfig(ModuleUtils.java:129)
        org.apache.struts.util.ModuleUtils.getModuleConfig(ModuleUtils.java:114)
        org.apache.struts.taglib.TagUtils.getModuleConfig(TagUtils.java:879)
        org.apache.struts.taglib.TagUtils.getModuleConfig(TagUtils.java:867)
        org.apache.struts.taglib.html.FormTag.lookup(FormTag.java:708)

Thanks
Rajesh