On 4/18/07 10:35 PM, "Drew Kutcharian" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> A little suggestion. Inside the interceptor, you can also put the User in the
> ActionContext or your own custom ThreadLocal so you can use that all over the
> stack for permissions/roles/etc as an alternative to say Acegi.

In a further elaboration I'm using internally I've done almost that. I
created a new SiteUserAware interface that has a setUser(Object user) method
on it. In my interceptor I check to see if the action in an instanceof
SiteUserAware and call setUser on it if it is.

I like this more than the ThreadLocal method.

Mark
--
Mark Menard
Business: http://www.vitarara.net/