I think the "alias" interceptor would help in this case:

http://struts.apache.org/2.x/docs/alias-interceptor.html

musachy

On 4/27/07, Olivier THIERRY <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Thanks Musachy, your advices were very helpful.

I succeeded in doing what I wanted, but there is still a detail that
upsets
me with your solution and I'm not totally happy with the solution.

The drawback of the solution is that the the parameter I can get in my
action has the name of the text field in my JSP page (here "
demandeAbsence.matriculeDemandeur"). This reduces the possibility to reuse
this action in other forms, since the action expects the employee code to
be
sent in a "demandeAbsence.matriculeDemandeur" parameter. But the employee
code text field can have a different name in other forms ...

I found a solution by implementing the ParameterAware interface in my
action, so I could get the first (and only) parameter. But of course it
won't work if I have more parameters expected.

Do you know if there is a way to change the name of the parameters before
they are sent to the Struts servlet or to the action ?

Thanks in advance

Olivier