As well as validation errors, there could still be conversion errors. You said you don't have any conversions configured but remember that Struts will apply default converters if you have any setters on the action that take non-String arguments (assuming the request includes an attribute that matches that setter).

I would suggest setting up an 'input' result pointing to a simple JSP page with s:actionerror, s:actionmessage and s:debug tags on it. Maybe you'll find a clue as to what's wrong there.

L.

Allen Gilliland wrote:

Dave Newton wrote:
--- Allen Gilliland <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
I can't see any reason why validation would be doing
anything at all unless somehow the validation interceptor wants to use one of the methods in my action class for validation when i didn't intend that.

So you have no *-validation.xml files? No methods
named validate*?

nope, no *-validation.xml files and no validate* methods. i do have a myValidate() method in some actions which i started using after realizing that i couldn't use validate().

-- Allen

Hrm.