I found several problem with the datetimepicker, first (and the worst) is
that the names of the input fields (visible and hidden) were switched.
Second, the hidden field was storing just the date section of the RFC 3339
format. In short, in the few cases that it worked it was because Xwork tries
as a hard as possible to parse dates, using different formats.

thanks
musachy