Have you tried using Spring?. It plays nicely with Struts and hibernate,
plus there are some examples around I think.

musachy

On 5/11/07, Rick Schumeyer <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Now I'm trying to configure Hibernate with S2, which many others have
done.  I was trying to follow the example in WebWork in Action, but
things have obviously changed since then.

To be clear, the problem is to create a SessionFactory once in such a
way that all my actions can easily have access to it.  The approach in
WWiA uses IoC.  As far as I know, it would work in S2 but would need
many modifications because package names have changed.  And perhaps
other mods would be needed?

I'm not sure if the best approach is:

a) Use the strategy in WWiA, but change the import statements to match
the current jars (and perhaps make other changes to match S2)

or

b) Something else.

Perhaps someone could point me to a complete solution?