1. I am on a page and would like the user to click on a link which would
invoke my popup window picker.

Sorry, but what is a popup window picker? I've a need to display popup
windows in my application & I've tried googling and can't find
anything.

Incidentally, has anyone tried overriding the Struts 2 error tags to
display the messages in a popup window like the javascript alert()
box.  I particularly want to override the existing Struts 2 tags so
when I finally convince the client that this is not a good idea, it
will be straight forward to revert to standard Struts 2 behaviour.

Regards
Roger