I use a name space as well and it works just fine.
Here is the snippet:

<struts>

    <package name="default" namespace = "/mynamespace"
extends="struts-default">

        <action name="myIndex" class="myAction" method="myIndex">
            <result name="success">/index.jsp</result>
etc.

When I call the action:

localhost:8080/projectname/mynamespace/myIndex.action