Dave:
For a moment I thought I am the only one struggling with this. Thank you for the clarification. Do you know any tutorial with examples ?

Dave Newton wrote:
--- Roger Varley <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Is there any clear documentation that will explain
when you need to use '%', '$' or '#' in Struts2
.jsp
pages as I'm finding it all very confusing.

I thought there was, but I can't access it at the
moment.

In a nutshell, if you use ${} you're using JSP EL. S2
wraps things up so if what you're trying to access
isn't in scope it will get passed on to the OGNL value
stack.

%{} is OGNL EL and is often optional depending on what
attribute you're using... this is the most confusing
part AFAIC.

# is used for accessing non-root OGNL objects, like an
iterator-defined variable, etc.

d.