I figured out my problem and decided to post the answer in case anyone
else runs into it.

Apparently, the BeanInfo class looks for a setter method with the same
parameter type as the getter method. In my case I was getting a String
but setting an Object.

Changing the Object parameter to a String parameter fixed everything.

Scott Mulligan

I am trying to use a map-backed property but my form values are not
getting into the Map.

When I debug the code I see the "descriptor" being returned by
PropertyUtils is a MappedPropertyDescriptor, but the mappedWriteMethod
is null. The mappedReadMethod looks good though (name=getHostInfo).

My action form contains:

    private HashMap hostInfo = new HashMap();

        public void setHostInfo(String key, Object value) {
                hostInfo.put(key, value);
        }

        public String getHostInfo(String key) {
                return (String)hostInfo.get(key);
        }

My jsp form field has a name of hostInfo(commonHost01).

Anybody have any ideas on why my write method is not being found?

Thanks for any help you can provide

Scott Mulligan