>> What I discovered was that
>> a simple page reload leads to eating up my memory and - according to
>> the profiler - the memory leak is produced by the constructor of
>> java.util.zip.InflaterInputStream allocating more and more byte[]
>> objects that cannot be garbage-collected.

>Are you sure they cannot be garbage-collected? How do you know?

      The profiler can perform garbage-collection at any time I press a button.
After pressing this, no memory is freed-up  :(

>> This class deals with
>> reading jar files.

>Usually, JAR files are read to load class files. When class files are
>read, their code needs to be read into memory (in byte arrays). It also
>need to stay in memory in order to be executed. It's true, class loading
>uses memory ;)

      But does it load the classes each time I reaload the page? Because (just
for testing) I have a simple, static page with only struts <html:...> tags on
it and pressing the reload button eats up some more memory.

>> After browsing through about 80-100 pages I get an OutOfMemory
>> error...

Are you sure these facts are related? Class loading almost never causes
a problem unless you are loading millions of classes.

Well, I'm not sure, but since my page has "nothing" on it, I don't know what
else may cause such thing... and again, it's the profiler that says memory is
eaten up by the constructor of InflaterInputstream class.

- -chris