Ah... pls ignore

Paolo Beccari wrote:

<param name="expression">[0-9]*(\.[0-9]+)?</param>

Hi Lance, as already established (see previous posts), it is not a matter of regular expressions.
The matter is: the variable in the Action is a Long (and MUST be a Long).
The regex validation does not work, if the variable is not a String.
I'm searching a way to validate (through Action-validation.xml) a field that must be numeric, and that is defined as a Long in the action corresponding to the Form. According to this, field-validator type="int" is inadequate, and I was not able to found a number (or Long?) validation.

P.