You might also think of using a Struts interceptor (and possibly a
ServiceBeanAware interface) to automatically inject that ServiceBean into
Any action that needs it.
 (*Chris*)

On 5/23/07, MK Tan <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Hi,
Let assume your base class is like this:
public class BaseAction extends ActionSupport {
    private MyService myService;
    public void setMyService(MyService service) {
        this.myService = service;
    }

    //put others getter and setter here...
}

public class FooAction extends BaseAction {
//do whatever you want with myService
}

public class BarAction extends BaseAction {
//create anything you like with myService
}

in your applicationContext.xml, declare something shown below:
<bean id="baseAction" class="your.package.name.BaseAction"
abstract="true">
    <property name="myService" ref="myService"/>
</bean>

<bean id="fooAction" class="your.foo.package.name.FooAction"
parent="baseAction"/>
<bean id="barAction" class="your.bar.package.name.BarAction"
parent="baseAction"/>

HTH
MK Tan