Sorry for taking so long to get back to everyone on this.  This is a side
project of mine and things have been hectic with the day job keeping me from
this.

After doing some experimentation, I've found that your solution below does
work Musachy.  It just won't access a property in the request attributes as
I was trying to do.  At least it wouldn't do it the way I was doing it. =)

Setting a property in my Struts action class is working perfectly now.
Thanks to everyone that responded.