public String intercept(ActionInvocation actionInvocation) throws Exception {

I wouldn't do it, but actionInvocation provides information about the action and method being invoked. Your interceptor could change its behaviour based on the action name/class or method.

The preferred approach (I believe) is to add an interface to your action and have your interceptor check whether the action implements the interface. Then act accordingly, irrespective of the action name.

sudeepj2ee wrote:
can we call a particular method in interceptor class as we do for action
class like
<action name="abc!*" method="{1}"
                                class="abc">

can we do the same for interceptors using '!' can i call a particular method
with my own name in interceptor.
If yes than how can we do that.

Thanks in advance
sudeep srivastava