try:

dojo.widget.byId("autocompleter_id").setSelectedValue("value");

I can't try it myself now, but that's the only method that seems to set a
value in the autocompleter widget.

musachy

On 5/25/07, Scott Nesbitt <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

I have an autocompleter like this:

<s:autocompleter name="states"
                 id="states"
                 theme="simple"
                 autoComplete="false"
                 showDownArrow="false"
                 searchType="startstring"
                 forceValidOption="true"
        list="#{'AL':'ALABAMA', 'AZ':'ARIZONA',
                'AR':'ARKANSAS', 'CA':'CALIFORNIA'}"/>

In some JavaScript I would like to set the state to,
say, Arizona.  This is not working:

var t = dojo.widget.byId('states');
t.value = 'AZ';

Any ideas?  I also tried statesKey, no luck.

Thanks,

Scott