--- Caine Lai <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> But without framework support for JPA (built in),
how
> can Struts 2 ever be taken seriously? Isn't EJB3 and

> JPA the current standard spec?

What would "built-in support" for JPA and EJB3 look
like?

Seems to me that Hibernate is the current ad-hoc
standard, and it's where both JPA and EJB3 got quite a
bit of their inspiration from. There's no built-in
support for Hibernate (or iBatis, or...) either, but
I'd guess a fair number of S2 users are using Spring
for DI and end up using it for a bunch of persistence
stuff, too.

Persistence layers are probably one of the most wildly
variable things from project to project. I'm not sure
why you are opposed to putting this code in an
interceptor; that's a pretty versatile solution.

d.