I can't even begin to image what you're describing. However, install the firefox web developer plugin [1] and have a look at the DOM to see what's really being created. The dojo datepicker uses an html template in struts/dojo/src/widget/templates/DatePicker.html and a css file at the sample location. The pop-up is just a table inside a div with a bunch of dojo event attachments (the content of DatePicker.html). The only way I can image it spanning the 'whole page' is if you've changed the default template or some of your own CSS conflicts with the styles used by the widget. The latter is easy to do.

Use the web developer plugin to manipulate the CSS while the popup is displayed to see if that's the problem.

[1] https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/60

Mansour wrote:
Hello every one:
I faced this problem and posted it, and never get any thing back. I have a page that displays dateTimePicker. When the dateTimePicker pops up it spans the whole page and is displayed in a newpage with header, footer and navigation bar ! This issue appears sometimes then it disappears by itself. The last time I had this, I was deceived that I solved it by clearing FirFoxe cache. This was not the case! I went to a different machine and used Internet Explorer and the same problem.

I need some one to help me finding out what's wrong. Why the dateTimePicker takes the whole page?

I am using tomcat 6.0.2.