From: Wendy Smoak [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Saturday, June 09, 2007 2:19 PM
To: Struts Users Mailing List
Subject: Re: running the test in the HelloWorld tutorial

On 6/9/07, Session A Mwamufiya <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> That's exactly the one Wendy!  I wasn't using an IDE to code the java
pages for the HelloWorld tutorial, but my IDE of choice, if one is needed
for the test, is Eclipse 3.2.

An IDE is not required.  The tutorial assumes you have some favorite
development environment already, and are just adding the files to it.
What are you using to compile and build the application?  Maven? Ant?
Eclipse?

I would start with the Maven [1] webapp archetype:

mvn archetype:create -DarchetypeArtifactId=maven-archetype-webapp
-DgroupId=com.example -DartifactId=hello-world

That will set up most of the directory structure I need.  Then I'd add
the src/main/java and src/main/test directory, and proceed from there,
following the tutorial and using 'mvn install' to compile the code,
run the tests, package the webapp and install it into my local maven
repository.

[1] http://maven.apache.org

--
Wendy