That looks right to me :)

musachy

<!-- Actions -->
    <bean id="pufAction" class="actions.PayrollUpdateAction"
scope="prototype" >
        <property name="payrollUpdate" ref="anUpdate"/>
    </bean>

        <!-- Add actions here -->
        <action name="PayrollUpdate_*" method="{1}" class="pufAction">
            <result name="input">PayrollUpdate</result>
            <result name="list">PayrollUpdate_list</result>
            <result name="add">PayrollUpdate</result>
            <result name="show">PayrollUpdate</result>
            <result name="edit">PayrollUpdate</result>
            <result name="destroy">PayrollUpdate</result>
            <result name="notes"
type="chain">PayrollUpdateNotes_list</result>
        </action>

On 6/20/07, Musachy Barroso <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> That should be it, and scope=prototype  has always done the trick for
me,
> why don't you post relevant parts of the spring conf file?
>
> regards
> musachy

> > Oooop!  The struts.xml change did not force the context to
reload!  Now
> > that
> > I have changed the class in the action mapping to the fully qualified
> > class
> > name, it *is* being instantiated on each request!  So why is it not
> > working
> > with the Spring bean id?
> >
> > On 6/20/07, [EMAIL PROTECTED] <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > >
> > > I replaced the spring bean id in my action mapping with the fully
> > > qualified class name to rule Spring out completely.  I am still
never
> > seeing
> > > the log4j output in the constructor of my action class!  I have
double
> > > checked my log4j.properties and the debug output would be written
out
> if
> > > the constructor were called.
> > >
> > > Any ideas?  Could this have anything to do with an interceptor?

> > called

> > created
> of
> > my