Hello list.

Going on with investigation on this strange misbehaviour, I found
out that when the JSP page gets good data, in the value stack
I see:
key:   com.opensymphony.xwork2.dispatcher.HttpServletRequest
value: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

while when I get no data I see:
key:   com.opensymphony.xwork2.dispatcher.HttpServletRequest
value: uri: /iopinion_hibernate00/storySearch.action

somehow, I believe the interceptor stack is wrong.. maybe
is my filter configuration?? I have added a filter in an attempt
to use 'open session on view pattern' for use with hibernate.
I believe that may be causing prolems, as I remember if the
order was different the application would not work..

Should I use an interceptor instead?

Here's a snipset from my web.xml

*************************
<filter>
  <filter-name>HibernateFilter</filter-name>
  <filter-class>com.foo.HibernateSessionRequestFilter</filter-class>
</filter>

<filter>
  <filter-name>struts2</filter-name>
<filter-class>org.apache.struts2.dispatcher.FilterDispatcher</filter-class>
</filter>

<filter-mapping>
  <filter-name>HibernateFilter</filter-name>
  <url-pattern>/*</url-pattern>
</filter-mapping>

<filter-mapping>
  <filter-name>struts2</filter-name>
  <url-pattern>/*</url-pattern>
</filter-mapping>
*************************

Can any kind soul help me, please?

Thank you.

--
Robi

Roberto Nunnari wrote:
Hello.

I have an action with a getter for a List.
In the execute method of the action I can verify the list is not empty.
But in the jsp view, at times it reports an empty list.

the action:
public class StorySearch extends ActionSupport {
    private List<Story> stories = null;
    public String execute() throws Exception {
        stories = dataManager.searchStories(...);
        for (Story story : stories) {
            System.out.println(" "+story.getId());
        }
        return SUCCESS;
    }

    public List getStories() {
        return stories;
    }

the JSP:
<c:url var="storyURL" value="/StoryView.action"/>
<display:table name="${stories}" requestURI="storySearch.action">
    <display:column property="id" href="${storyURL}" paramId="id"/>
    <display:column property="title"/>
    <display:column property="text"/>
    <display:column property="link" autolink="true"/>
    <display:column property="accessCount" sortable="true"/>
    <display:column property="creationDate" sortable="true"/>
    <display:caption>This is the table caption</display:caption>
</display:table>

Any hints?
Thank you.