Hi,

I'm trying to code file download functionality in a Struts 2 action. The
action executes and the "success" result is invoked, but the pop-up window
in the browser, which prompts to save the file, does not appear.

I think I am configuring the response incorrectly (see code below). Any help
greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
John

My action code is as follows :-

        File file = new File(downloadDirectory + filename);
        FileInputStream fis = new FileInputStream(file);
        BufferedInputStream bis = new BufferedInputStream(fis);

        HttpServletResponse response = ServletActionContext.getResponse();
        response.setContentType("application/msword");
        response.setHeader("Content-disposition", "attachment; filename=" +
filename);

        OutputStream output = response.getOutputStream();
        byte[] buffer = new byte[4096];
        int count = 0;
        int n = 0;
        while (-1 != (n = bis.read(buffer))) {